RES is equipped with a pilot plant which enables the continuous testing of anaerobic digestion and codigestion, to obtain scalable data required for full scale plant construction and/or management. During experimentation, RES is able to independently conduct analyses both on matrices and biogas, essential for monitoring the anaerobic digestion process.
Our equipment enables us to supply a range of services including, for example:
- Sizing a new Anaerobic Digestion plant with matrices and/or mixes for which there is insufficient literature data or examples of previously commissioned plants.
- Simulate the entire hypothesized process for a detailed check before the design phase.
- Test the advantage of integrating anaerobic digestion with other processes.
Through its own Pilot Plant RES provides:
- Continuous testing with “CSTR” or "plug flow" process in mesophily or thermophily
- Tests for full-scale plant sizing
- Comparative studies on the efficiency of different pretreatments
- Studies on the advantages of integrating anaerobic digestion with composting or other treatments, upstream or downstream of the process
- Codigestion tests on complex mixes
- Anaerobic digestion tests for the analysis and management of specific process-linked problems (e.g. chicken manure treatment).